Re: 1275 questions: Stock pistons with a Judson? Cylinder sleeves? messa

To: SDOliner@aol.com
Subject: Re: 1275 questions: Stock pistons with a Judson? Cylinder sleeves? message of Wed, 25 Jul 2001 11:36:56 -0700
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 15:44:31 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, Judson@autox.team.net
David-

Charles Christ makes some very good points and provides "education" for
the
woud be Judson user!

I, myself, believe in low-pressure forced
induction and am having a 1275 built
"tailored" for the application. My Judson
is also equipped with the more modern
Delrin vanes and the motor cammed and
the vehicle geared in such manner so that
everything will "happen" within 5,000 engine rpm, out of respect for the
loads
placed on the Judson using a smaller
blower pulley to get the boost curve originally supplied the smaller
948.

It is my beliefe street supercharging is
strictly a low and mid-range application
and I am "building" accordingly, obviously.

Charles' point is that the Judson application is not for the faint of
heart!

This isn't something you just slap on the
engine and all will work out fine!

Cap'n. Bob
    '61 :{)