Re: geezerette

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: geezerette
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 00:50:43 EDT
In a message dated 7/24/01 1:44:12 PM, soavero@yahoo.com writes:

<< OK, I'm a 30-something and have kept quiet until now.
My folks taught me to hold doors, walk on the street
side of a young lady, bow my head when a hearse passes
by, only eat when everyone is served, remove my hat in
a public place, etc., and to respect my elders.  But
all this talk makes me wonder - if my generation is
manners-deficient, doesn't that say something about
the lack of course-correction from our geezer aged parents? >>

Peter:

Absolutely.  Sounds like your folks did a pretty good job, although they are
probably a little young to be true geezers.  Actually I shouldn't have used
the word "generation" as I did.  More important is that those of us in the
geezer category went through a thing called "women's lib" which set any
manners deferential to women back--some women considered them patronizing.
It's refreshing being exposed to nice folks of all ages in the LBC community.

Respectfully,

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)