Re: NON LBC - Sweet Dreams

To: chuckc@attglobal.net, boxweed@thebest.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: NON LBC - Sweet Dreams
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:49:32 -0500
OK Youse Guys,
Didja know that Thicko and Thicktone member Bill "Slowhand, I don't play no
stinkin' chords" Dalton co-wrote the song "Short SHorts" and was a member
of the Royal Guardsmen? He's still getting ASCAP checks from the original
version and from the Nair commercials. That was back in '57. He toured with
all the who's who back then..
In 1981, my first trip into the studio to record an original tune, netted
me radio airplay for almost a year in Chicagoland. The song was called "All
Day Long". A listen to it these days proves it didn't hold up so well over
time... sounds like "America" on crack..
Go rent the Tom Hanks movie "That Thing You Do", and it pretty much
encapsulates what life was like (on the high end of the food chain for
Dalton, and the low end for me ) as one hit wonders.
WST