Re[2]: baking the wheels

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re[2]: baking the wheels
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 22:11:55 -0400
Cc: DLancer7676@cs.com, jboatri@emory.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello Frank,

FC> DLancer7676@cs.com wrote:
>>
>> In a message dated 8/1/2001 8:27:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>> jboatri@emory.edu writes:
>>
>> > Thanks for the info. Doesn't Frank C. use his BBQ for this? Could
>> > take a while with the Hibachi...  :)
>> >

>> He probably does. Knowing Frank he would put his hot dogs right in the rims
>> of the wheels, not to waste all that charcoal.   LOL

FC> You peeked!

Ah, Once when I was in the islands there were a couple of guys cooking
what we called "Steel Wheel Chicken".  The charcoal and wood fire was
burning on the inside of a large car rim.  The chicken was then cooked
over the rim in a large hubcap.  Hence "Steel Wheel Chicken".  The
chicken before it was cooked was stored in a large plastic tub that
was kept at the ambient temp. which was about 82 degrees.  The "cooks"
cigarette ashes would sometimes land in the storage vat.  This was all
done on a dirt back road with no running water in sight.  Very scary.
I passed on the island delicacy called "Steel Wheel Chicken", I was
no where near drunk enough.

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net

PS.  With apologies to "Montana Bob", a legend on the list.