Re: Leaving the Country

To: JRLNJ@aol.com, spridgets-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Leaving the Country
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 21:24:00 EDT
In a message dated 8/1/2001 4:59:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time, JRLNJ@aol.com
writes:

> Also, a terrific
> MacDonald's, that accepts
>                    Visa!

A terrific MacDonald's??  Isn't that an oxymoron?   Especially when
surrounded by great German food and beer for only a short stay and then you
have to come home to more MacDonalds?  8^)  My Dad, bless his heart, took a
trip to Pennsylvania Amish country where I had previously talked to him about
how great the Amish food is in the family style restaurants. On his return I
was anxious to find out how he liked the food--he said it really wasn't very
good.  I was very disappointed until I found out that he had eaten in a
Denny's restaurant right in the midst of all that great home-style food.

--David C.