Re: Auto Insurance

To: PilotRob@webtv.net, type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Auto Insurance
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 10:31:16 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/9/01 10:12:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
PilotRob@webtv.net writes:

> Why won't insurance companies insure
> classic cars (such as my '61 Frog) as
> they insure normal new cars, inclusive
> of collision insurance based upon agreed
> value based on annual inspection, or

- - - - - - - - - - -

My guess is that the much lower rates indicate fewer claims because of
reduced usage and owners who care more about their cars.

BTW, State Farm offers regular coverage with greatly reduced rates for cars
over 25 years old.  The only thing they do not have is agreed value.  You can
get a stated value, but I would have the car appraised annually to back up
your claim.  It also helps to have other car insurance and homeowners
insurance with the same broker.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget