Re: My old car (No LBC, and way off topic)

To: DLancer7676@cs.com, eddie@mediarchive.com
Subject: Re: My old car (No LBC, and way off topic)
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 22:30:54 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
On Tuesday 14 August 2001 08:18 pm, DLancer7676@cs.com wrote:
> In a message dated 8/13/2001 11:46:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>
> eddie@mediarchive.com writes:
> > my family has sworn off Fords forever.
>
> That is just a personal opinion.

More like personal experience than opinion. The vehicles may be fine now, but
after the rude treatement from Ford HQ's dealer complaint line to complain
about an even worse dealer, we didn't feel they had earned any more of our
business. My dad bought those cars because he had mostly owned Fords up til
then. It was kind of a "so this is the thanks I get for buying Fords all
these years."

Our experience was more like a "Moss vs. VB" thing. How many on this list
have sworn off VB because of poor service? Even if the products are OK,
service counts for a lot. Same thing with my family and Ford. Incidentally,
that particular dealer was finally run out of business - the law finally
caught up with his shady ways.

> Actually ford, chevy, and dodge all make good trucks.  My preferences are
> ford and dodge in that order, but I would take a chevy any day.  They all
> have their good points and their bad, I am sure. But I had great service
> out of the fords I have owned and the Dodge truck I once owned I put about
> 250,000 miles on before I traded it.  The "argument" is about as credible
> as a vanilla vs. chocolate argument.  Hope this list doesn't get into that
> juvenile-minded conflict. LOL

Hehe. Don't worry, I have no interest in going down that road any farther. I
was mainly relating personal experiences, mine being that we've had better
luck with Dodge than Ford. I have nothing against GM either, they just
haven't produced much in the last few years I find very compelling except for
some of the Corvettes and the latest Firebirds (which doesn't seem to be a
generally shared opinion!) They have a "retro" looking truck coming out in a
couple of years though that looks pretty cool.

Lets get back to some serious adult discussion. What Zappa song is best to
play when shooting cats with an unlicensed automatic weapon while drinking a
Bud?

Eddie
1971 Midget