Re: My old car (No LBC, and way off topic)

To: macleans@earthlink.net, DLancer7676@cs.com
Subject: Re: My old car (No LBC, and way off topic)
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 11:34:33 EDT
Cc: eddie@mediarchive.com, spritenut@Exit109.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/15/01 1:33:48 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
macleans@earthlink.net writes:

> I hope my experience with my 2000 Ford F150 is not typical for you Ford

Well, my 94 F150 4x4, 6cyl. 5 spd, rubber floor mats, no headliner cheapo has
about 106,000 showing on the odometer.  One clutch, one break job, three,
count em three heater cores, and one set of tires at 80,000!  Oh yeah, one
alternator, one power steering pump, both after 100,000 miles, and a stupid
slave clyinder thats INSIDE the stupid bell housing!

I communte about 50 miles a day round trip, and use it to get up the mountain
to the cabin we are builing in NM.

I say 106K showing on the odometer...did you know that one of the fuses
controls the odometer?

I'm satisfied, but I'm looking for a new commuter to put the PU aside for
hauling only.  I think I'll end up with a new Beetle, but the new Mini looks
interesting.  I just refuse to pay over dealer list...and acutually think
that is too much.  Anyone know if the Mini is available as a rental in Europe
yet?

RH

Be more concerned about your character than about your reputation,
  because your character is what you really are, while your reputation
  is merely what others think of you.

"Remember, there is no lifeguard in the gene pool." GGLiddy