RE: Miatas and other new ragtops

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Miatas and other new ragtops
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 11:07:12 -0700
Two months ago, I was in the market for a new car... In decreasing price
order, I  looked at the Boxster S, Corvette convertible, Honda S2000, SLK
320, Z3, and Miata. I attempted to test drive a Honda S2000, but the dealer
would not even let me test drive a used one, unless I made a firm offer on
the car and he run a credit report on me!.. He wanted $7,500 on top of the
retail price too... Don't know why this car should be THAT desirable?.. I
thought the Miata had a lot to offer, and it was the cheapest of the lot...
I did not think the Miata had the feel of quality of the German cars, and
even though it was the lightest of the bunch, I do not think it could match
the performance ot the other cars without modifications.

Jacques Le Clainche
VARA 1960 Austin-Healey Sprite #4, F Production