Re: Miatas and other new ragtops

To: davriker@pacbell.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Miatas and other new ragtops
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:27:17 EDT
In a message dated 8/20/01 10:54:40 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
davriker@pacbell.net writes:

> Harley-Davidson
>

> Harley's are waiting list items because they are essentially hand crafted
> order.

Oh-tay...Not being a true affionado, I didn't realize the Harley home office
was not with the plant in York, PA.  The wife stopped and bought me a cap and
tee shirt last month that says final-assembly, York, PA.

An acquaintance of mine owns the largest Harley dealership in the world right
here in El Paso.  Sherm Barnett used to send fellow out with trailers to buy
Harleys all over the country, and bring them back here.  By depleteing the
supply elsewhere, he could name his price for them here.

Not playing fair?  Tell him that on the way to the bank...

RH

Be more concerned about your character than about your reputation,
  because your character is what you really are, while your reputation
  is merely what others think of you.

"Remember, there is no lifeguard in the gene pool." GGLiddy