Re: Can't Win For Losing...

To: Mike MacLean <macleans@earthlink.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Can't Win For Losing...
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 22:54:45 -0700
Mike,

There was a better formed set of side covers that do a better job of
holding the gasket in place. These are from 1098cc engines, and as I
recall, they have an extra lip around  the outside edge. If you don't have
these, see if you can get your hands on a set. I don't think all 1098's had
'em (I think just later ones), but they are easy to tell apart. Also use a
sealing washer with the bolt or use some sealant around the bolt hole.
Also, don't overtighten the covers as that will distort the gaskets and
they won't seal right.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -