Re: Bugeye master cyl help

To: seleq@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: Bugeye master cyl help
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 21:22:20 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
seleq@bellsouth.net wrote:

> I have a 60 Sprite and have rebuilt the master cylinder.....twice.....with
>the same results. Neither piston will not return after they are depressed once.

Scott

Couple of things....
Are you sure the master is original to the Bugeye?
Later Spridgets used the exact same looking master but it was 3/4" bore, not
7/8".
On the 7/8 bore you can usually read it as it is embosed on the side.
The 3/4 bores did not have the bore embosed very clearly.
Of course you could always measure the bores too.

Look at the new seals, make sure you have 7/8" seals in a 7/8" master.

Next, if you messed around with the adjustment on the rods, or swapped
clutch/brake rods, you may have to adjust them so the piston is able to
return.

You didn't forget the springs inside the master did you?

--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ