Re: Air compressor - What to look for

To: RBHouston@aol.com
Subject: Re: Air compressor - What to look for
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 18:23:23 -0400
Cc: soavero@yahoo.com, bugide@solve.net, tob.sprite.landcruiser@home.com, samesq@postoffice.pacbell.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
RBHouston@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/28/01 11:55:58 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
> soavero@yahoo.com writes:
>
> > Jeez, I got Peter C. on the line as I type.  I guess I
> > need to clarify for legal purposes.  SMALL diameter
> > PVC, schedule 80 or so.  Good to several thousand psi.

I am using Scdule 40 PVC, it is good to 600 psi, my shop compressor maxes out
at 150 psi. The only time I blew a line was when I stuck a salamander heater
in the garage (before it was heated) and had a flame directly under the pipe.
I melted the pipe but with 120 psi or so in the line as it melted, it was an
interesting looking piece of PVC.
Common sense and be carfull of the local of the PVC.
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ