Re: Air compressor - What to look for

To: RBHouston@aol.com
Subject: Re: Air compressor - What to look for
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:50:30 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
RBHouston@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/28/01 7:11:05 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
> soavero@yahoo.com writes:
>

>> with PVC tubing around the perimeter of the
>> garage with quick disconnects every few feet (those of
>> you who remember the Engine Nazi - he had the ultimate
>> setup similar to what I've described).
>
> Will PVC handle the pressure?  I do PVC plumbing all the time, but
> I've been
> holding off on the air because I thought I'd have to use black or
> galvanized...
>
> Rh

PVC will handle the pressure but can be dangerous.  TVOE-One winter day
)when the furnace quit again) I was working on the Bugeye. In the course
of moving a ladder out of the way, I whacked a very cold 1" PVC air line
and it exploded throwing little bits of plastic everywhere at a high
rate of speed.  I'd be very careful w/ PVC and air!!

--
Larry Dickstein
Lone Jack, MO

Pop. 420