Disc Brakes - Help!

To: bugeye@yahoogroups.com, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Disc Brakes - Help!
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:04:46 EDT
Oh wise & wonderful Lists - need your help.

After pulling disc brakes off my parts car (Sprite MkII) with help from
friend, I ran to store. While I was away "friend" decided to help by
disassembling brakes - including separating the Caliper halves to remove
pistons.

I know the manuals all say to not separate the calipers. Why - sealing issue?
 How big of a problem do I have? Can they be reassembled? Do I need to buy a
replacement set? The calipers are in good condition & I have already bought
the rebuild kits, so hate to throw away money - but also would like to stop
car.

All suggestions welcome.

Jim Rogers
San Juan Capistrano