Re: Disc Brakes - Help!

To: JARplanner@aol.com, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Disc Brakes - Help!
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:35:25 EDT
In a message dated 8/29/01 10:06:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
JARplanner@aol.com writes:

> I know the manuals all say to not separate the calipers. Why - sealing
> issue?
> How big of a problem do I have? Can they be reassembled? Do I need to buy a
> replacement set? The calipers are in good condition & I have already bought
> the rebuild kits, so hate to throw away money - but also would like to stop

You can order the caliper seal kit from Moss.  They don't recommend
separating the halves either, but they sell the kit just in case something
like this happens.  Be absolutely certain that the little ring is properly
positioned when you put them back together.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport