Re[2]: clutch bleeding

To: conan@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com
Subject: Re[2]: clutch bleeding
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 23:22:18 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello conan,

Sunday, August 26, 2001, 1:37:50 PM, you wrote:

crvic>   The whole point to lifting the back of the car was so the -SLAVE-
crvic> cylinder would sit at a better angle for bleeding.  Someone, I don't
crvic> remember who, came up with it because he had trouble with air trapped:
crvic> in slave cylinder area.

That was me with a 77 Spitfidget.  The bleeder screw is at the top and
the back of the cylinder but I had the front of the car about 2.5 feet
in the air.  This led to what I believed was some air trapped at the
front of the cylinder.  Anyway I dropped the front and jacked the back
up about 2.5 feet and used a mityvac.  Went better at that point.
YMMV.

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net