Fw: Bumperless

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Bumperless
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 14:49:27 -0400
In Ohio any car that is registered as "collector" or "historical" is given a
specific exemption for many equipment violations. Bumpers, for example, are
required on passenger cars but the state acknowledges that they may be hard
to come by for older, collectable cars. My Bugeye does not have to have
them. It doesn't need seatbelts either even though there is a state law for
wearing seatbelts! (Don't worry, it is an ex-autocross car, it has good
belts!!!)

Trucks, however, are not required to have a rear bumper in Ohio. Mainly
because the gas tank is mounted where it takes a side impact to explode and
burn... The optional bumpers are rated for different towing weights so the
manufacturer leaves it up to the buyer to figure out what will work for them
as far as rear bumper needs.

My two coppers,
Kent

Subject: Re: Bumperless