RE: Tweaking & Tuning

To: "Ron Soave" <soavero@yahoo.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tweaking & Tuning
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 18:21:43 -0700
I don't know I'll have to try that. I don't think it's the timing chain
as the engine is fairly new. I hope it's not the distributor as it also
is a fairly new Mallory dual point. Although with the comments recently
about Mallory's it's a possibility.

Thanks for the input.

        Do you see it at idle if you rev it to 2-4K and try to
        hold it at that engine speed?  Could be slop in the
        distributor bushing/shaft, making the timing wander,
        most noticeable at steady rpm (loose timing chain
        too?).  Check it with a light at the culprit RPM.

        =====
        Ron Soave

        "It ain't women that kill a ballplayer.  It's stayin' up all
night lookin' for 'em that does."
        - Casey Stengel

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a
name of winmail.dat]