Re: tires?

To: pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com, pythias@pacifier.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tires?
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 08:14:30 EDT
In a message dated 9/7/2001 11:33:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com writes:

> >              what size, brand, is the "stickiest" for the street?

You will get as many answers as there are tires, or listers, whichever is
greater.  I put a set of Pirelli P400 175/70 R13 tires.  They look great and
have a nice tread pattern. This is on my '79, which sits a bit higher than
your '66, so on a '66 I would go with a little smaller tire.  The only time
these tires have offered to rub the body was on a deep turn with the engine
out while pushing it around in a garage.  On the road with full weight, they
have never rubbed the body.  Plus I got them for about $40 bucks apiece
online.

--David C.