Re: tires?

To: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tires?
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 08:26:44 -0400
Bill,

I would go to a performance tire shop and pose these questions to
them. Those guys live, eat, and breath tires. If you don't know of a
shop, ask round for one with local vintage or SCCA racers. Both
racing groups have web presences if you don't know any racers.

That said, given the criteria you set forth, I just about any tire is
going to work for you. Like Ed, I don't know why you want the
"stickiest", as 4 wheel drifts are one of the fun things about these
cars, but each to his own.

Jeff

>Hello spridgets,
>               ok.. opinions from one and all invited.
>
>               i have stock rims, and intend to keep them..
>
>               i do not drive in the rain or the wet, the top NEVER
>               goes onto the car..
>
>               i am not concerned with durability, as i only drive
>               about 500 miles a year.
>
>               what size, brand, is the "stickiest" for the street?
>

>--
>Best regards,
>  Bill                          mailto:pythias@pacifier.com
>    '66 Sprite

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision
<http://www.molvis.org/molvis>
<mailto: jboatri@emory.edu>