Re: Fw: A Good Example

To: Bushwacker4@prodigy.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: A Good Example
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 17:12:27 EDT
In a message dated 9/9/01 1:57:22 PM, Bushwacker4@prodigy.net writes:

<<When I was 16 (back in 1968) I bought my first Bugeye for $100 and towed it
home on a rope! I got it running and loved that car despite its
shortcomings. >>

My first Bugeye was purchased in 1967 for $250.  When I brought it back to
the dealer for brake repair, the brakes failed as I was backing the car out
of the garage.  Thankfully the e-brake pulled me to a stop 2 inches before I
ran into the side of a brand new Golden Beige Healey BJ8.  Have loved bugeyes
since '67, but I've always had a soft spot for one of those golden Healey
3000s.

Rick