watkins glen.....WHEW!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: watkins glen.....WHEW!
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 01:28:36 -0000
well i'm home!  1:16am monday.   the car is still intact..and running!
although i do not know how!  any way i recieved a third place award for
yesterday's serious thrashing of my vintage 1959 2 stroke saab racer in my
class of the group 1 race.  there were some incredibly fast cars out there.
the woosley hornet was a rocket ship!  a cycle fendered bandini that was
just sooooooo sweet !   and sprites and midgets galore!  i'm exhausted!  and
need to get a few hours of sleep .....in a serious way!   the weather was
just beautifull, and the event was very well attended!   and fine barley and
fruit based beverages were bountifull!  ya had to be there at seneca lodge
where i comondeered a beer pitcher as "my glass".....and had a couple of
refills!    it was good to see evryone who stopped by and said hello!  i
wish i could have spent more time with evryone, but on race weekends cars
and safety come first.  i'll be reading what i can to try to catch up here
but i'm usually a bit wiped out the day after "decompressing " from the
experience of a race weekend.   (i'll need some time to rehumanise myself)
it's always good to get back home!

chuck.
bummer!  my pillow smells like a motel room!  ......  lol!   :)