Re: Todays USA sad news

To: RBHouston@aol.com, soavero@yahoo.com, toyman@digitex.net
Subject: Re: Todays USA sad news
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 20:54:51 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
--- RBHouston@aol.com wrote:>
> Here here!...now watch out world....

I was gently reminded by a lister to positively
channel the anger.  The old bumper sticker "Think
Globally, Act Locally" comes to mind.  There's a lot
we can do - on the tube tonight a rescue worker was
marvelling at the little things.  People were bringing
Gatorade, sandwiches, etc., to the workers.  The big,
beary looking rescue guy had tears of appreciation in
his eyes.  And, of course, the blood bank lines are
amazing.  Every person helped here is a pot-shot at
terrorism.

When I went to work this AM local gas prices were
$2.50+ a gallon.  The pumps were not crowded like last
night, and people were honking their horns and giving
the gas stations the finger!  By the time I was out at
lunch, prices were back down well under $2.00.

=====
Ron Soave
Let Freedom Ring