Re: Chill

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Chill
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 01:44:13 -0500 FILETIME=[803C6920:01C13C1F]
I agree.  The rage we all feel must be tempered by reason.  After the
tempered steel cuts the best and lasts the longest.

This is America.  We were founded on the basis of justice, not vengance.
>From the begining we have always been a beacon of this value.  If we fly off
the handle, we change the our very being, and these monsters have won.  We
must respond to this attack, but the response must be true to ourselves.  We
are not nor have we ever been the bullies that they accuse us of being.  If
we become it now, we lend validation to their accusations.  There have been
attacks on innocent American Civilians due to the natural rage over the
terrorism.  These must stop. (not that I think any here have participated)
It is a prime example of what must not happen.

Don't get me wrong.  I am not calling for lieniancy, merely for justice.
Those responsible must be crushed.  But we are the developers of the laser
guided bomb.  I still recall the pictures from the nose of the ones used in
Desert Storm, steadily and surely finding the target and destroying it.  The
Surgical Strike.  That is what we must now be.  There have been
justifications of all the terrorist activities against America because we
are the "Policemen" of the world.  Now it is time to show we are the
Surgeons.

We can sort the terrorist from the neighbor.  And this is what we must do.
Terrorism must be stopped.  But by its nature, improper methods only create
martyrs, which breeds more and worse terrorists.  As the surgeons mentioned
earlier, we need to cooly and professionally remove the cancer of terrorism
without damaging any more healthy tissue than is unavoidable.

The problem is deep and complex.  Now we can only heal, and trust our
leaders, and pray for them.  The decisions they face are the hardest any
American leaders, even world leaders have ever.

On that note, I do have a question, where is ciag6?  Unless I miss my
deductions, that is Central Intellegence Agency, G6 a pay level. (I wanted
to be an analyst)  I haven't seen postings from him, and I would give my eye
teeth for his insights.  ('Course, I am probably wrong, as I said I WANTED
to be an analyst. ;-))

Meanwhile, as Toby said, lets get back to work, oops, I am there already.

Matt