Re: Chill

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Chill
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 15:03:14 EDT
Daniel1312@aol.com wrote:

<<<
Do you mean America should be the 2 x 4?

Daniel1312

In a message dated 12/09/01 23:01:26 Pacific Daylight Time,
tob.sprite.landcruiser@home.com writes:

<< The general reaction reminds me of what happens when I smacked a hive with
 2x4 when I was little. As strong as a wasp's sting may be, it cannot repair
 the wasp's hive. Let's not be angry bees stinging everything in sight while
 leaving everything we care for and worked for behind. >>

It won't be just us. Terrorism hits all over the world - in the sad situation
in Northern Ireland, in Africa, in Russia, in the Mid-east. If one has to
look for something heartening in the face of this madness (and I think it is
deeply ingrained in the human spirit to have to do so, or we will go mad in
turn), it is that this seems to be headed towards mutual international action
to deal with this scourge. This is not a Rambo or John Wayne movie. It isn't
something we can or could ever hope to deal with unilaterally. I hope wise
heads prevail and that actions taken are effective and just.

In the cascade of horrifying information of the last few days, it was yet
another chilling shock to read in this morning's Chicago Tribune that
"America's tragedy is also turning into a global tragedy. The World Trade
Center housed a number of international companies, and many foreigners are
among the dead. At least 100 Britons are confirmed dead and several hundred
are missing, making this Britain's worst terrorist disaster, as well as
America's.  ...  Three Chinese, 50 Bangladeshis, 40 Indians, 27 South
Koreans, 87 Australians, seven Taiwanese and six Zimbabweans are among those
missing."

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, Illinois, USA