Re: Chill

To: Toby Atwater <tob.sprite.landcruiser@home.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net> o m>
Subject: Re: Chill
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 13:58:33 -0400
I have to agree with Toby, and I want to add a few more thoughts and then I
will try to refrain from comments on this.

First - the FAA really ought to let Law Enforcement take over what is a Law
Enforcement duty - i.e. Policing and securing the airlines. Their stupid
rules that they have announced are flat ridiculous. Curbside check-ins not
allowed?? What is that going to do?? How am I going to eat my mystery meat
with out a knife, or are they going to start serving soup?? I know they
announced new stuff today but I am not sure what they all are. Sky Marshals
I agree with, we had them 20 years ago, and they had guns for use on
airplanes - it ain't a new idea, and they stopped it because it cost too
much,. Well what did Tuesday cost?? Congress is getting ready to spend $20
BILLION, and they are saying that is a down payment.

Second - the canceling of sporting events must stop. I agree we need time
for national mourning, but stopping things that are uniquely American, like
the MLB and NFL/College football, is just letting the terrorists control the
way we live. And that is exactly what they are trying to do anyway. We will
never be able to get back to life as we knew it on Monday, but we must get
on with our lives as best as we can, or they win. I, for one, ain't gonna
let the bastards win.

Third - We must refrain - all of us - from pointing fingers and beating up
and attacking Muslims, just because they are Muslims. Those on the streets
today, or more likely hiding in their homes, more than likely had nothing to
do with the events of 9/11/2001. Mohammed Ali is a Muslim, did he have
anything to do with this??

Fourth - We must let the ELECTED government deal with whom ever they find is
responsible for this. I have my opinion who did it, but I do not have all
the information. I suspect I am right - even if the Taliban say he didn't.
But I don't KNOW it. The perpetrators WILL be taken care of, one way or
another, one day, and probably one day soon.

Fifth - I am scheduled to give blood, I know they are saying they have
enough, but I am still going. I am going to raise a flag (as soon as I can
find one). I am going to go for a drive in the Midget this weekend. I am
going to continue to ride public transportation to work. I am going to get
on a plane next week. I am going to finish the interior of my Midget. I am
hoping to cheer for the Denver Broncos and the Philadelphia Eagles this
weekend.

And I am Scream and celebrate like a fool when the American made laser
guided bombs fall from American fighter bombers and the bastards that caused
all the pain, anguish, ruckus, and yelling are on the receiving end of a so
called terror weapon.

Larry

At this exact moment in time 9/13/01 1:58 AM, "Toby Atwater"
<tob.sprite.landcruiser@home.com> made the profound statement:

> Let's cool it a bit. Best thing we can do is stay calm, help out locally in
> your spare time and get back to work.
<SNIP>

--
Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu

 "Don't be afraid to ask dumb questions, they are a lot easier to
 handle than dumb mistakes.