My 76 MG Problem

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: My 76 MG Problem
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 08:35:24 -0400
Cc: "Robert Van Kirk" <racerbob@hotmail.com>, <tspeed@carolina.rr.com>
You are all probably getting tired of hearing about my problems, but here goes
again - my husband seems to think not only do I need an engine, but a complete
brake system, clutch, seals, water pump, radiator, wheel seals, etc.  I don't
know where he got this info - probably from our mechanic who doesn't really
like dealing with a woman even though I am the one that's going to pay the
bill!!

to Robert - I imagine the above would change the $2500 considerably???  I
don't even know, however, if I really need all of this or not.  Maybe I would
be better off just to junk my car, but I have had it since 1977 and hate to
just abandon it at this stage in my life.

I guess I really need to find a source for used parts that I can trust, plus
an engine.  I did get one offer of an engine for $600 which I may take.  Will
probably make a decisionn on that today.  Thanks for all your help.  You are a
great bunch of folks.

Bev Cleary
Summerville, SC