Re: Armed Airlinesx-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: Mike MacLean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Armed Airlinesx-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 07:12:30 -0500
Cc: Roy <trev9@earthlink.net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Mike MacLean wrote:

> These are the same chicken little arguments that the gun control proponents
>put
> up every time a state votes on liberalizing carry laws such as Florida.  It
>has
> not happened.
>

> Roy wrote:
>
> > Sorry, folks, but I stand by my statement.  Inexperience persons
> > should not be allowed to carry guns under any circumstances.
> >
> > Why do you thing the military and police force goes to so much
> > trouble to train their people how to use these things?

    These may be the "same chicken little" arguments but they are valid.  For
what
my opinion is worth (just what you paid for it), Roy is right.  Most civilized
people have a very hard time shooting at another regardless of the b*lls**t
barroom
bravado you might hear.  Usually, the armed citizen can't start one down the
barrel
and the aggressor takes the gun away and the situation usually deteriorates
fairly
rapidly after that.
    Again, these are my opinions and they come from 25 years on a large
metropolitan police dep't.  I've personally witnessed trained police officers
who
can't do it-it's just not the civilized way.  Ask anyone (if you know any) who
has
actually pulled the trigger how it felt-they can probably explain it better in
person.

Obligatory LBC content-my Bugeye is done and is going to the Miami Valley AHC
Fall
Roundup the 28th---see you all there?

--
Larry Dickstein