Re: Paint and Chrome

To: @autox.team.net, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Paint and Chrome
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 08:30:20 -0400
So I need to jump in here too, since paint is the next thing after welding.

Right now I have a shell with all the major panels removed (from another car)
and in my basement. How much of a pain is it to strip the shell myself? I was
considering having a local shop sandblast it since it's got two coats of paint
on it already. I don't have a garage, so the shell is outside under a large
tarp.

Could I save a little by prepping the small panels muself? (doors, bonnet, boot
lid, front fenders?)

I'm considering having everything sprayed separately, though collective wisdom
seems to indicate that's not the best idea. My concern is in giving good
coverage to the inner wings and footwell box areas that tend to rust out.

TIA

-=Chris

Chris King   - cbking@alum.rpi.edu

From JARplanner at aol.com