Re: Paint and Chrome

To: RBHouston@aol.com
Subject: Re: Paint and Chrome
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 21:31:32 -0400
Cc: spritenut@Exit109.com, pauld@ekpc.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
RBHouston@aol.com wrote:
> Sorry Trevor...I have to heartily disagree with your disagreement.  I I'd
> have to direct you to the five year old paint job on the RX7 in my driveway
> with about 10% of the peeling clearcoat left on it and all the fading paint
> showing.

  Well, it might be worth mentioning that delamination of
solid colour cars is something you see often as well.

  Most likely, improper painting technique causes
delamination with any kind of paint, clear or otherwise.

  I don't think my point was "clear coats are peel-proof", my
point was to disprove the Frank-esque generalization that
"all clear coats peel after three years".

  One trip to any parking lot should put an end to
that theory.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca