Re: Fighter Jets, no LBC

To: kturk@ala.net, Daniel1312@aol.com, KansaR@diebold.com
Subject: Re: Fighter Jets, no LBC
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 11:50:42 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, team-thicko@autox.team.net
In a message dated 09/21/2001 4:10:31 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
kturk@ala.net writes:

> Daniel... I will rarely tell someone flat out they are wrong.... but you are
> in this case....
>
> We don't allow folks to photograph around our Military runways
>
> he's not over reacting he is being intelligent...
>
> Keith

Well, I was going to hold my peace and not chime in, but in this case I think
Danielbunchofnumbers is probably right.  Not to say that Keith and others are
wrong, but perhaps less right this time?

I am of the opinion ( and I know what some of you think about that) that our
government is smart enough to let us know what they want us to know.  If they
did not want the photographers at the end of the runway they would not be
there.

The information I posted about the F117 squadron at Holloman, I got off the
local news!  Common knowlege is common knowlege, and sometimes it's
information and sometimes it's dis-information.

When the government wants to keep a secret they certainly can.  Let's no
forget the F117 Stealth was flying for many years (since 1983) without us
local jokels knowing about it.  I won't even bring up Roswell.....

Letting the Afgans (is that what they are?) know the good guys are coming and
packing is undoubtedly a good negotiating tool.

R Houston

...there is no glory in dying for your country.  The glory is in making the
other guy die for his!  G. Patton