Piston Alignment?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Piston Alignment?
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 22:58:01 EDT
I straighten the out the crankshaft main bearing clearance problem. Used a
fine stone on the top of the collar on the main caps which seats into the
bore on the on the pillar block. Did not touch the flat surfaces of cap or
the block.
Now I am putting in the pistons, and geez, forgot to note location of the
number stampings on the rods. The top of the piston were covered with carbon
at the time of disassembly. This is a 12V engine. No "Front" stamping on the
piston. There is an "A" on the piston and a similar one on the block. I am
guessing that the two "As" should be next to each other. This would leave the
two tops pointing at each other.
Help!

David Oliner
60 Bugeye
67 TR 4A

I was outbid (with a minute to go on the ebay auction) on a 3.9 rear end,
which I was thinking would be an easy fix around a five speed conversion. Oh
well,