Re: Knock, Knock

To: Ray <rsides@delury.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Knock, Knock
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 09:00:54 -0700
In my limited experience, a rod knock will get louder with load and RPM, and
will show low oil pressure.  Piston slap tends to go away with load and
higher RPM, and has no effect on oil pressure.  Personal experience with one
1500 with a bad rod bearing, and 2 1275's with piston slap.
David Riker
74 Midget
63 Falcon
70 Torino