Re: "Oil Pressure" & "old" overheating problem

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "Oil Pressure" & "old" overheating problem
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 11:30:59 -0500
At 11:10 AM 9/28/2001, you wrote:
><LARGE SNIP OF WORTHWHILE READING>
>Bottom line, with marginal cooling, you have to guess or figure
>out where your weakest and or cheapest link is - and say goodbye.

Agree completely

--
The tricky part. I would want to err on the slower side. You wouldn't know
if it's too fast by reading the gauge. You would need to read the metal
>slow it down in the rad (bigger rad), max air movement (shrouds and fans).
>When you have excess cooling capacity, then the thermostat can
>once again become the Controller.
>Mike L
>60A,67E,59Bug
---
Couldn't agree more. Apparently what I wrote, and not nearly as lucidly and
without benefit of formal education, was justifiably misinterpreted as
saying that slower water flow is better.  Basically, slower than too fast
is correct.  Duh. ;-)
         Well done, Mike.
         Peter C