Re: Advice on pulling motor

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Advice on pulling motor
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 19:13:05 EDT
I pulled the 948 engine and tranny using the valve cover bolts. I must admit
that I didn't like the idea of it. I went ahead with it, because I figured if
I can't trust this manual then I am in deep shit anyway. My intentions to
replace the 948 was also a factor. I have to say that it did balance the
engine and tranny nicely.
Anyone have any bad experiences using the valve cover bolts? Since I may go
the same way putting in the 1275.

If you follow the manual to a tee, you really can't go wrong. Without it, I
wouldn't have known about draining the tranny oil. When I drained mine, I
also got a couple of gear teeth.

David Oliner
60 Bugeye
67 TR 4A