Re: Will a 1098 head fit on a 1275?

To: Geoff Branch <gjbranch@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Will a 1098 head fit on a 1275?
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 13:54:27 -0700
Cc: Rob Lewis <rob.lewis@photondynamics.com>, Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Geoff,

To the best of my knowledge, all the US 1275 engines had lead free heads except
for
the first year or two.  I've got a 1275 with the standard seats that has about
300K
on it with no problems with seat recession using no lead for who knows how many
years.  Time to take the worry hat off!

I think that unleaded fuel was introduced in 1973 in the states, and I
understand
that mainland Europe had it before that.

Paul A