Re: 948 Crank Pulley

To: David Ramsey <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: 948 Crank Pulley
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 16:26:41 -0400
Cc: Mike MacLean <macleans@earthlink.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
David Ramsey wrote:

> First off the 6 blade fans tend to blow up and take your new radiator > with
>them.

Crash

You are thinking about the mo$$ cheapo repro. The original 6 blade plastic
fans are tough. I have been running them since the 70s, never a failure. And
Diane planted a pair of VW (original beetle) tailpipes thru one of her Sprites
way back and planted the rad against the fan.
It never broke.
Now the new modern repros... I still wonder where the plastic fan blades went
on my Mini! New fan, blades lasted almost all day! They did not go thru the
radiator, they just evaporated. Just like the top quality plastic fans they
sell for the big Healeys, there are great til you start the engine.
I sent Mike an original.

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ
United We Stand