Re: Magpie's Song

To: Ankitterer@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Magpie's Song
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 15:47:36 EDT
In a message dated 10/16/01 3:18:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Ankitterer
writes:

> He definitely deserves our attention, even in this time of people deserving
> attention everywhere.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Agreed!  We have all done our part to help the effort for rescue and relief
after the attack.  The best thing we can do as a world community is to
continue our lifestyle and defy any terrorists to interfere with it.  Mark
offers us a way to keep our activities going in the right direction.

As a small side story, while I was talking with chuck at the Hershey, PA AACA
Fall Meet this past weekend, a small boy (maybe 6?) and his mom were looking
at chuck's sport racer.  chuck allowed him to take the driver's seat to get a
feel for the car.  That few moments in a real race car will have an affect on
that young fellow for years to come, maybe fostering a lifelong passion for
the cars that were running long before he was born.

If any of you get the chance, let the neighborhood kids into your garage to
see what's going on.  It will do much more for them than playing a computer
game or listening to rap.

Well, I'm gettin' all misty, so...talk amonsgt yourselves.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport