Fw: HID Xenon lights ??? vs halogens

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: HID Xenon lights ??? vs halogens
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 00:11:43 -0500
 just to clarify things.....what Frank bought were actually not HID lights
 (correct me if I'm wrong Frank).  HID lighting requires ballasts to
increase
 the voltage and an aftermarket HID kit runs anywhere from about $600 to
 $1000 USD.  I think what Frank is refering to is the "Ultra-White" light
 bulbs that alot of the rice rocket boys are putting in their cars for the
 looks.  These are not actually brighter only whiter.  A true HID system is
 whiter but it is also brighter and as Paul stated emit a different beam
 pattern.  Frank rather than the white bulbs why not add a set of driving
 lights.  I have seen some that are about 1-1/2" in diameter and with a
 little work might fit in the holes left when removing the front bumper.