007 needles?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 007 needles?
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 13:49:02 EST
I just rebuilt the HS2 carbs on my red Bugeye. The old jet needles are
labeled "007".  I can't find them listed.   The new needles in the kit are
labeled "AN".   When the jets are turned down 2 1/2 turns, the "AN" needles
are way too lean.
I got better running results with the needles pushed up a few millimeters
into the pistons.
Both needles look like the same taper, and measure the same at several
points, with a micrometer.

BUT, would I be better off with a different (richer) needle?
The engine is a 1275, with an LCB header, and steps up to a 2" pipe, and a
12" resonator behind the axle.  I don't know if the cam was changed.
I added a 15" glasspack from JC (ending just before the axle), just to quiet
it down.
Thanks for your advice,
Ray Lynch