Re: Stupid human tricks

To: <ptegler@gouldfo.com>, "Jeff Boatright" <jboatri@emory.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stupid human tricks
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 09:57:35 -0800
Paul, et al,

I think that may be a misconception. When my car was 'hit and run' right in
front of my house a couple months ago, the police wouldn't even come to my
house to make a report. I had to go to the station. When I asked if I found
the guilty party (I had broken turn signal plastic as evidence to match), I
was told that a hit and run that is property damage only [no personal
injury] is a misdemeanor and is not investigated by the police, but that
the insurance company may take interest in investigating. My insurance
company wasn't interested either.

BTW, regarding Jeff's eye witness "catch 22", when I busted two teenagers
stealing parts off my neighbors car at 3:00 AM one night last year, even
though the police  caught them squatting by the car, they did not witness
them actually removing parts. I had to get dressed and sit and the back of
a police car at 4:00 AM and PERSONALLY ID THEM, as an eye witness in order
for them to make the charges stick. Otherwise, I was informed, it was all
circumstantial evidence and they would not be able to build a case against
them.

Is it any wonder that people don't take responsibility for their actions...?

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints