Re: Here's One For You

To: "Beverly Cleary" <bcleary@awod.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Here's One For You
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 10:56:47 -0800
Bev,

There were two different radiators for the 1500 series and there was also a
service recall that required a thermal vacuum valve be installed in one of
the hoses (lower I think). I think you car would have been post-recall, but
without some pics or a detailed description of your hoses, it's had to give
you any specific advise.

If you want to be involved in getting parts you should get yourself copies
of the Victoria British and Moss catalogs and do your homework in advance.
>From your description, the shop your using doesn't appreciate your
involvement.

VB list two different hoses for the 1500. "A"= 1975 Midget 1500 from GAN-6-
154101 to GAN-6-166303. "B"= 1976-79 Midget 1500 from GAN-6-166304. From
what you told me before, you VIN starts '169xxx' so you need "B" hoses, but
that is just a pretty good guess not being able to see your car. Moss' "B"
hose is part number  470-420 "A" hose is 470-410. This is the radiator to
pump hose. Use this as a guide to the other sets you need.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints