1275 engine rebuild

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 1275 engine rebuild
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 13:44:01 -0600
I'm taking my block to the machine shop to have it decked and the cylinders
bored out for the new pistons.
They think I should have them pull out the pressure relief valve seat while
they have it and replace it with a new seat
and then lap in the new slide valve.
Question:  Never heard of anyone else ever mentioning pulling the seat out
of the block.  But I did see that Mini Mania has the seat in their latest
promotion and claim "you just gotta replace this part if you are doing a
"real" rebuild.  I tend to not believe a lot of their hyperbole...or their
prices for that matter.  What does the list think?
Also, can the old seat have moved in the block and somehow obstructed an
orifice resulting in decreased oil pressure?

Thanks,
John