Re: Where's Reverse?

To: James Gruber <thistle_3619@yahoo.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Where's Reverse?
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 16:13:37 -0800
Jim,

Reverse is on the right. Push the lever sideways toward the passenger seat
and rearward. If it won't go there, you may have a damaged reverse idler
gear. I say that because you comment about the noisey 1st gear. Reverse is
the same gear with an intermediary gear intruduced. It you've got some
busted teeth on it or the laygear, you may not be able to introduce the
reverse idler. You might try silpping the clutch ever so slightly to see if
it helps. Make sure you have oil in it by removing the filler plug through
the opening of the forward left opening in the tunnel (driver's side) where
the big rubber plug is located. The oil level should be up to the bottom of
the threads of the hole. Use your little finger as a dipstick. If it comes
up dry, you need oil. Use 30W non-detergent oil.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints