Re: exhausted and nuts

Subject: Re: exhausted and nuts
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 13:39:23 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
DbCooper?  Didn't you bail out (parachute) of an airliner up in the
northwest
USA with a couple of hundred thousand dollars back in 1971 and become an
instant legend?   As I recall you or the money were never found leading
much speculation.  Or is that the wrong name?  <G>

 Actually, that was Dan Cooper, at least on the airline's manifest. I
spent several delightful hours in the office of the Fumbling Bumbling
Idiots, because I had picked up a passenger in my taxi and transported
him to PDX just about the right time of the day. For some reason they
were unable to comprehend that the "phone booth at the corner of 52nd &
Powell Blvd" meant that I did not have a street address.
Some of the money did turn up about 1975 or so. A small boy found a
bundle of about $9000 in the Columbia River near Washougal, WA. The
serial numbers were confirmed to be part of the loot from the
highjacking.
My personal theory is that he got hung up in a tree somewhere between
Battleground and Yacolt and froze to death. There is some pretty wild
country there that has never been fully explored. Either that or he ran
off with Ms. Bigfoot and they lived happily ever after.
Kate