Re: Help!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Help!
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 19:14:40 -0500
Sorry, Frank, I didn't finish my reply to your suggestions.....

The oil filter that I put on the car before I left home was an STP filter
that crossed to the Deutsch filter, P/N  D366 I was using before (no longer
carried by Autozone).  I got 200 miles out of it before the problem
occurred, so I don't think the filter is the problem.  Anyway, I changed
that one this morning for a Purolator filter that was looked up for me by
the Advance Auto guy on his computer.  For an MG Midget, P/N L10028.  It
didn't make any difference, since I didn't get more than 2 miles before the
car blew out another big cloud of smoke and was spraying oil in the engine
bay.

I haven't messed with the timing on this car in two years and it has been
running fine until last night (still is, except for the oil pressure).  In
my previous reply to your suggestions, I kept calling the "relief valve"
plug a 1"-inch bolt.  It is, of course, 15/16".

Steve