Re: Help!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help!
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 17:14:52 -0800
Hi Steve!

...and Happy New Year. I missed having you around.

The hollow bolt below the bypass pipe should definately have a spring and
cup inside the opening. The cup can re retrieved with your little finger
(if it's small enough) or a magnet. I can't believe you've been running
with nothing in there all this time. That is the spring that maintains your
oil pressure. Only thing I can think as that the passageway was blocked or
you somehow lucked out having normal oil pressure(??). I've never
encountered this situation before.

The ball in the filter head is to allow oil to bypass the filter should the
filter not pass enough oil to the flow system.

Welcome back!

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -