Re: [midgetsprite] NO LBC...lets talk Guns....

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] NO LBC...lets talk Guns....
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 12:53:24 EST
In a message dated 01/24/2002 6:27:49 PM Mountain Standard Time,
jeremyc@totalise.co.uk writes:

> I hate to go off subject but I couldn't help myself with this one...
>
> British murder and violent crime levels vs. American ones.  Discuss!

I actually don't know.  Do you?  I do know that in spite of what our TV's
would have us believe in the US, all crime, violent included has been
steadily decreasing for a number of years.

The anti-gunners whose livelihood would be in jeopardy would try and convince
you otherwise.

The pro-gunners would have you believe that the "concealed carry laws"
enacted in the majority of US states is the reason.

I really can't say.  I have a concealed carry license, obtained primarily to
speed up the purchase of a firearm(s) as the extensive background check done
for these eliminates doing one at time of purchase.

I do have a British friend that has lived in the US for some time.  He told
me, over drinks in a bar, that when he was young in England, most night spent
drinking in a pub ended up in a fist fight.  He said that when he moved to
the US that stopped because you never knew who might finish a fist fight with
a gun fight.

So does this mean we are more violent? Or, do we tolerate less violence?

There's the other old adage "an armed society is a polite society"

Robert Houston

"Every time I took a risk, I made sure that the research and marketing