Re: Floor pan and spring hangers (longish) SPRITE CONTENT

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Floor pan and spring hangers (longish) SPRITE CONTENT
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 23:43:02 EST
In a message dated 2/1/02 4:04:29 PM, FUZZY95687@yahoo.com writes:

<< Moss no longer sells the Bug floor pans, I understand
the possibility of trimming to fit but are they
significantly different? >>

Larry:  You have my sympathy.  While I have never tried to replace a rusted
out floor pan, I know from working with carpeting that the Bugeyes are wider
under the seats than the Mark IV.  Recollection has it at about 3" wider per
side.  I have easy access to a Mark III so here goes.  The passenger side
just behind the crossmember is 20" metal to metal on the sides  By the time
you reach the back of the seat area it is 21-1/2" metal to metal.  I think
that if your measurements are close to mine you can use a Mark III,  If not,
a Mark II might work just dandy.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)